HOME
AN AMAZING LEGACY IN STONE
ANTIETAM CREEK
» Leitersburg Bridge No. 2
» Old Forge Bridge
» Funkstown Turnpike Bridge
» Funkstown Bridge No. 2
» Claggett’s Mill Race Bridge
» Claggett’s Mill Bridge
» Rose’s Mill Bridge
» Devil’s Backbone Bridge
» Booth’s Mill Bridge
» Roxbury Mills Bridge
» The Hitt Bridge
» Pry’s Mill Bridge
» Felfoot Bridge
» Burnside Bridge
» Antietam Ironworks Bridge
» Antietam Aqueduct
» The Israel Creek Bridge

CONOCOCHEAGUE CREEK
REQUEST A BROCHURE
CONTACT US

A-7 • Rose’s Mill Bridge | 1839
On Garis Shop Road, West of Alt Route 40, The Old National Pike

John Weaver built this three-arch bridge at the site of a large mill complex, known today by its original name, Rose’s Mill, although for much of its working life it was called Sharer’s Mill. The design of this bridge was unusual in that the western-most arch accommodated the mill race outlet, called the flue. The approaches to the bridge were also widened to include a “drive-through” wagon loading floor below the actual mill.
 

Concept and photos by Katherine Campbell Francomano of DoubleDog Productions. Text by Frank Francomano.

| DESIGNED BY: ICON GRAPHICS |