HOME
AN AMAZING LEGACY IN STONE
ANTIETAM CREEK
» Leitersburg Bridge No. 2
» Old Forge Bridge
» Funkstown Turnpike Bridge
» Funkstown Bridge No. 2
» Claggett’s Mill Race Bridge
» Claggett’s Mill Bridge
» Rose’s Mill Bridge
» Devil’s Backbone Bridge
» Booth’s Mill Bridge
» Roxbury Mills Bridge
» The Hitt Bridge
» Pry’s Mill Bridge
» Felfoot Bridge
» Burnside Bridge
» Antietam Ironworks Bridge
» Antietam Aqueduct
» The Israel Creek Bridge

CONOCOCHEAGUE CREEK
REQUEST A BROCHURE
CONTACT US

A-12 • Pry’s Mill Bridge | 1858
Over The Little Antietam, On Keedysville Road, in Keedysville

The site of a bridge since the 1830’s, this two-arch bridge was finished in its present form for the county at the cost of $1650.00. The bridge appears very much as it always has, with just a single narrow lane to carry traffic. Both grist and sawmills operated at nearby Pry’s Mill, also becoming makeshift hospitals after The Battle of Antietam. Its unusual cutwaters are shaped like a ship’s bow facing upstream, with the more rounded “stern” downstream. Along the south side of the road, one of the largest of the old mills is now a beautiful
private residence.
 

Concept and photos by Katherine Campbell Francomano of DoubleDog Productions. Text by Frank Francomano.

| DESIGNED BY: ICON GRAPHICS |