HOME
AN AMAZING LEGACY IN STONE
ANTIETAM CREEK
» Leitersburg Bridge No. 2
» Old Forge Bridge
» Funkstown Turnpike Bridge
» Funkstown Bridge No. 2
» Claggett’s Mill Race Bridge
» Claggett’s Mill Bridge
» Rose’s Mill Bridge
» Devil’s Backbone Bridge
» Booth’s Mill Bridge
» Roxbury Mills Bridge
» The Hitt Bridge
» Pry’s Mill Bridge
» Felfoot Bridge
» Burnside Bridge
» Antietam Ironworks Bridge
» Antietam Aqueduct
» The Israel Creek Bridge

CONOCOCHEAGUE CREEK
REQUEST A BROCHURE
CONTACT US

A-1 • Leitersburg Bridge No. 2 | 1829
On Leiters Mill Road, just West of Route 60, Leitersburg Road

John Weaver built this two-arch bridge high, due to the steep approach from either side. It was originally known as Strite’s Mill Bridge because the Strite family’s mill was a short distance northeast of the bridge. Since Bridge No. 1 was unfortunately washed out by a flood, nowadays it’s more simply called Leitersburg Bridge No.2.
 

Concept and photos by Katherine Campbell Francomano of DoubleDog Productions. Text by Frank Francomano.

| DESIGNED BY: ICON GRAPHICS |