HOME
AN AMAZING LEGACY IN STONE
ANTIETAM CREEK
CONOCOCHEAGUE CREEK
» The Bridge of Price’s Ford
» Broadfording Bridge
» Wilson's Bridge
» The Conococheague Bridge
» The Conococheague Aqueduct

REQUEST A BROCHURE
CONTACT US
C-1 • Bridge at Price’s Ford | 1822
Route 58, The Cearfoss Pike, West of Route 63, The Greencastle Pike

This beautiful 5-arch bridge, built by Lloyds of Philadelphia, has been long out of use and is in a state of disrepair. Horse-drawn flatboats brought the stone with which it was built, down the Conocoheague from the quarry at the Solliday Farm. Confederate soldiers marched across on July 5th 1863, during their retreat from Gettysburg. Parking near this location is difficult, as both sides of the bridge are private property and Route 58 has very narrow shoulders where it crosses the stream on a modern bridge.

Concept and photos by Katherine Campbell Francomano of DoubleDog Productions. Text by Frank Francomano.

| DESIGNED BY: ICON GRAPHICS |